Turris Communications has grown into the largest national two-way radio operator through several acquisitions. Turris Communications Ltd. (formerly Oxford Communication Ltd.) has been in business for over 40 years. In May 2015, Turris acquired the two-way radio business and towers of TAS with operations in Peterborough and Belleville, Ontario. In September 2015, Turris acquired the Business Solutions Western locations of Glentel Communications with locations in British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. In January, 2016 Turris acquired Christie Walther Communications with operations in Ottawa, Kingston, and Cornwall, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec.
With 13 service centres across Canada, Turris Communications has the most advanced technical service staff of its kind focused on serving the mining, oil and gas, public safety and utilities industries. For over 40 years, we have been offering leading-edge, up-to-the-minute wireless network solutions including: two-way radio, SCADA monitoring, fleet management communications, and emergency services infrastructure to our clients’ specific needs.
Turris Communications Ltd. is a member of Turris Group which is a leader in the communication tower industry in Canada. Turris Group related entities provide engineering, procurement and project management services for communications, broadcast and wind energy applications across Canada, the US and internationally as well as own, manage and operate over 200 communication sites across Canada.
Christie Walther Communications (now known as Turris Communications) has won many partner and industry awards including:
- Recipients of the Motorola Solutions Empower Circle Award for Customer Excellence. Ranking us in the top 50 of Motorola Solutions’ 7,500 global partners.
- 2014/2015 and 2012/2013 Employees’ Choice Award
- 2013 Motorola Canadian Channel Partner of the Year Award
- The Best of Ottawa Business Award for Best Sales Initiative 2013
- Recipient of Motorola’s prestigious Hawk Award and Pinnacle Award for excellence in channel partners
- EMMY award for technical support to CBS television during the 1991 World Series